Thursday, December 19, 2013

Warm Vanilla Sugar...why did you change?



[Left - older version of WVS, Right - new reformulated version] 
Ever since I can remember, Warm Vanilla Sugar has [hands down] been my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works!  I would literally go into the store when they had buy 3 get 3 free [which feels like they do every other week] and buy 6 bottles of these.  This scent was just the greatest scent my nose has ever had the chance of smelling.  And yes, I said it "WAS!"  I remember telling a sales associate at B&BW that I wish they never ever ever stop making this product/scent and she replied with a kind smile...."Oh no, this is a classic!"  And I'm just like "Thank You LORD!"  
Well it happens that they haven't stopped making this product but it has changed A LOT!  It used to be this sweet but not overpowering vanilla scent which everyone around me seemed to love, now it smells like plain VANILLA PLASTIC! I feel even the one on the left side was not exactly the same as the original, but I could bare with it. But now I'm highly disappointed with this new product .  They claimed it's a better reformulated version and blah blah blah, but I simply DO NOT LOVE IT ANYMORE.  The bottle is much nicer and the lotion a nice soft light pink color, but who really cares about the outside when the inside is not so great after all.  To top it off, they used to cost $10.50/bottle now they're up to $12.50.  Like seriously? $12.50 for one 8oz. bottle of lotion?  That is why I always buy lotion at B&BW when they're buy 3 get 3 free.  Plus don't forget to check your receipt!  Almost all the time I get an invitation to do their survey and get a code for $10 off my next $30 purchase.  The good thing...it never expires! 
On the other hand, since Warm Vanilla Sugar has unfortunately  failed me I discovered a new scent that I love...Cashmere Glow.  Try it out...it smells amazing!  Hopefully they won't change this one as well! 

XOXO
ChocolateCents

No comments:

Post a Comment